Family

Family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day Five - Thursday Part Three

November 25, 2010:  Brandon's activity continues to increase today.  He became animated enough to require a return of higher doses of Propofol.  Most of the day was spent keeping him calm.  I may be looking for things that are not there, however, his activity seemed to be much more purposeful.  He reaches for his tubes with increased accuracy and defined purpose.  Rather than flail hands and arms to try and get out of the restraints he is reaching for the tie downs, grabbing hands, and when he moves my hands in the direction he wants to go and when I do not let him loose, he has started to dig his fingernails into my hand as if to say, "If you don't let me out of this I will hurt you!"  My hands still have the marks to back up his actions.  Small changes, potentially big steps.

Brandon's fever continues to decrease.  His chest x-ray looks much better with the right side markedly improved and the left side getting better.  The by product of suctioning his lungs looks much better. They are still playing Jr. Chemist with Brandon trying to find the right combination of pain meds and anti-psychotics in an effort to decrease his sedation. 

Kassi, Brandson, and Megan, the other three participants in the accident arrived today along with family members.  I'm not sure the hospital was as prepared for the support as they thought they were.  Some big steps toward healing for the family members who were stuck miles away trying to heal themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment