Family

Family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day Five - Thursday Part Two

November 25, 2010:  I went to Brandon's room after shift change and the Propofol was off.  The nurse wanted to see how he would react without it.  Brandon became more and more active.  My hopes rose a little as it appeared he was more aware of the tubes, their location and other ways to remove them.  He would push with his tongue, move his jaw around, and still grimace when he tried.  Still no following instructions. 
He seems to be a little harder to console.  I Hoped it was because of heightened awareness.  His agitation continued to increase.  When the nurse came in to turn the Propofol back on she asked if he would open his eyes for me.  I told her no.  I tried once again.  My heart stopped.  He opened BOTH EYES.  Praying it was not a coincidence, I asked him twice more.  Three times he opened both eyes.  A father could not be any prouder of his son.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment