Family

Family

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day Nineteen - Thursday - Part Two

December 9, 2010:
By Kassi Kuhlmann
     
 Today was so fun !!!!! I haven't been able to make it up earlier in the day since last week and that's usually when Brand is more lucid. Most of the day was spent laughing with Brandon picking on me, calling me names like "cripple and dwarf ". We talked about the car accident today and I showed him my "battle wounds". Brandon cringed and jokingly said (I hope) "I need to find a wife that is clean" (talking about my scars) and laughed. He is such a goof !! Brandon has kept Brad and I in tears all day and I'm so grateful that they are tears of happiness that come from his jokes. I was so excited to hear that he remembered the visit from Branson, my mom and me two nights ago. It's so awesome that his short term memory is coming back.

 Brand and I spent some time by ourselves this afternoon and talked about the accident and I couldn't believe my ears. Brandon told me that he remembers seeing me fly out the window and he was so sad because he thought I had died. Brand also told me that he remembers seeing his grandpa Kuhlmann in Valley View Hospital. And he remebers his dad giving him a blessing and flying up north. He told me that he was pretending to be asleep when our dads were talking in the I.C.U about how Brandon and I wouldn't survive without each other. I cant wait to see how many other memories come back.

 Tom says I HAVE to say something about my progress. I can walk. The end. lol.  The hardest thing that I deal with is missing my husband, it's sad waking up every morning and not seeing his face.

Today during P.T. Brandon and Brad bounced the ball back and forth while walking through the halls. I love watching how strong brotherhood is and how much Brad loves his little brother.  It's awesome to hear all the praise from the nurses about how amazing he is. Brandon also worked with money today during occupational therapy and he did SO SO SO GOOD !!!! I sure am glad that he has always been good with money because I am not and I now know that nothing will change.

 I found out today that Brandon and I were considered clinically dead at the scene, and I think it has finally sunk in how serious it was. It's funny how my outlook on life has changed and it took almost dying to realize how precious life is. I almost lost my life and the love of my life ( I know it sounds so corny but so true, I'm a romantic). I know that I will never leave the house without telling my family that I love them and give hugs and kisses. We never know when our last chance will be. I hope that everyone who has heard our story will remember that life is short and to spend it like every day is the last one. I'm not sure why we were saved, but I cant wait to find out. It's not coincidence, it's not luck, It was our Heavenly Father who saved us. Brand told me today that he talked to God and that he told Brandon he needed to marry me in the temple so we could go to the Celestial Kingdom. Maybe that's why. I cannot express how hard that hit home. I cannot wait for that day when we will be able to take our son to the temple and be a family that is forever.

  Thank you for the prayers and faith. Our Father in heaven is listening and answering.

2 comments:

  1. I have been following since day 2. I found u guys through chris day and chelsie case. A couple of posts have hit me hard but Kassi this one made my emotional pregnant self tear up and get chills. You saying that brandon talked to God and the temple part was awesome. We are all here gor a purpose and obviously Heavenly Father has something special for you guys especially from that bad of a wreck and the quick recovery. You guys are still in our prayers. I cant imagine what you 3 are going through. But you are a strong family obviously and will continue to grow from this. Tell brandon tokeep on trucking and he will be home with you soon enough. And you kassi, dont strain and stress yourself too much. You need your healing to take care of your boys. My love and prayers, sarah terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon, you shaved! What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete