Family

Family

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day Sixteen - Monday - Part Two

December 6, 2010: Breaking News. I walked into Brandon’s room this morning and he looked at me and said, “Do you know what happened?” “I just found out yesterday that I was in an accident.”  He had his first major unprompted accurate memory. It was another simple yet great step in the healing process.  With it has come a flood of purposeful questions and statements, including, I can’t believe I didn’t wear my seatbelt.  The memories still don’t last forever, but he is having them along with longer lucid moments.

In occupational therapy he remembered without prompting the therapist’s name, he told her he was in IMC in Murray. His eyes are tracking properly.  He is reading from the white board, identify unsafe conditions in the kitchen, and was able to tell the therapist that he was in an accident.  He carried on a conversation for some time with the occupational therapist.  His next major step will be obtaining continuity and sequencing. 
                                                       
  Now it’s off to speech therapy and another full day of activity.  We’ll see how long his brain will be able to keep up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment