Family

Family

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day Nineteen - Thursday

December 9, 2010: What a night.  Last night Brandon told me I needed to stay in his room or he would not sleep.  I wish I could say it was a restful night. Once again, I had to continually remind the staff to use their inside voices.  I finally gave up on sleep, sat by his bedside and closed the door leaving all the staff outside. 


Once I closed the door, leaving the aide to sit outside and talk 'till his hearts content, Brandon slept peacefully the rest of the night.  The aide last night sat in the room with the door closed and Brandon slept without a stir.  Today's nurse is going to try and reinforce the fact that the aide should be in the room, being quiet, with the door closed.


Right now Brandon is stressing over his swallow test.  He is showing some signs of being depressed.  He wants out. His favorite opening line to a new visitor is, "I am so bored, I need out of here now."  He told the therapist that he is sad because other people have to be here with him rather than being with family or his being there helping them. Jason should be helping with Nathan’s home, the therapist should be spending time with her children not with him, and people should be doing other things rather than being with him. He started today by telling me he needed to be out of here and at home taking care of his wife and providing for his son.  More awareness today and more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment